“Delivering Nature Based Solutions at a City Region Scale”
Thursday 17 to Friday 18 June 2021 – Virtual Event
Please join us on 17th and 18th June for the Natural Capital Group Conference 2021. The Greater Manchester Natural Capital Group, the Natural Course and IGNITION projects and the University of Salford are bringing together leading natural environment practitioners to discuss the challenge of increasing nature-based solutions in Greater Manchester.
About the event
The one-and-a-half-day conference is split into three parts with a flexible timetable so you can pick and choose the elements you want to attend:
17th June 10:00am – 12:00pm Natural Capital Group Conference including key note speakers and live panel discussion. .
17th June 12.40pm – 14.30pm IGNITION NBS Living Lab Launch at the University of Salford followed by a regional and international perspective on urban nature-based solutions, including a panel discussion with Mayors from UK, Germany, France, Australia and Canada. 18th June 10:00am –
18th June 12:00pm Natural Course Greater Manchester’s Water Forum bringing together organisations and partnerships from all parts of the Greater Manchester water cycle to share knowledge and experience and to build understanding of the roles and responsibilities of other organisations active in this area. (Including presentations, facilitated break out groups and discussion held on MS Teams.)
- Andy Burnham – Mayor of Greater Manchester
- Emma Howard Boyd – Chair of the Environment Agency
- Marian Spain – Chief Executive of Natural England
- Anne Selby – Chair, Greater Manchester Natural Capital Group
- Chris Matthews – Head of Sustainability, United Utilities
- Prof Hisham Elkadi – Living Lab PI
- Professor Karl Dayson – Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research and Innovation, University of Salford
- Frank Mentrup, Lord Mayor of Karlsruhe, German
- Olivier Bianchi, Mayor of Clermont-Ferrand, Franc
- Stephanie Asher, Mayor of Geelong, Australia
- Cllr Paul Dennett, Mayor of Salford, UK
- David Mitchell, Mayor of Bridgewater, Canada
How to book
Sign up for the conference via Eventbrite, where you will be given flexible options to sign up for your preferred sessions. We look forward to seeing you on 17th and 18th June.